The importance of water
Water is the major constituent of living matter, comprising between 50 and 90 per cent of the weight of living organisms.
The lifeblood of our planet is the vascular system of plants and vegetation that stream and conduit water into living interplay with the atmosphere. We need to drink water to live, while the food we eat could not exist without it. It is a cleanser, a transporter, a rejuvenator; the list of its uses are seemingly endless.
• An average person loses about 90 ounces of water daily.
• Drink more if you’re engaged in exercise.
• Drinking ice cold water actually makes you lose weight because fat calories are burned to bring the water temperature up to internal 98.6 degrees F.
• The sense of thirst dims with age - so make sure older people are drinking plenty of water.
• Water suppresses the appetite naturally and helps the body metabolize stored fat.
• Don’t misinterpret your thirst drive as hunger. Drink an “ice-cold” glass of water and wait a minute or two. You’ll find your not as hungry as you thought.
• Water helps maintain proper muscle tone and prevents sagging skin.
• Water helps rid the body of toxic waste.
• Water helps detoxify the body from the effects of long term smoking, helping to eliminate the tar and acidic nicotine from the lungs.
• Water has a profound effect on brain function and energy levels. Even a slight dehydration can produce a small but critical shrinkage of the brain, impairing neuromuscular coordination, concentration and thinking.
• A deficiency of water can alter the concentration of electrolytes such as sodium, potassium and chloride which has a negative effect on the function of the brain.
Restore is a Hydration Powder that assists the body to:
• Reduce diarrhea duration by up to 22%
• Reduce stool volume up to 36%
• Replace electrolytes after exercising
• Restore fluid balance after overindulgence (Hangover)
• Boost energy levels